About Me

My photo
dover foxcroft, maine
married mother of five in total three mine and two my husband's children two part time jobs full time student and just loving life. active in my church and member of my local American legion

Monday, September 5, 2011

My bio

    My name is Leisa Clement and I am a second year Liberal Arts student. I graduated from Brewer High School in 1981 and left for the USN ten days, or so, later and never looked back. I met my first husband while in the service and received an honorable Discharge in 1984. I traveled with my husband all over the country as a navy wife, and although I do not regret it, I was not able to go to school through all the kids, the moving, and deployments. I have been in 5 countries and lived in a total of 9 different states, finally returning to Maine in the summer of 1997.

      I have three children, two stepchildren, and now three grandchildren. I have had a variety of jobs that would always end up going nowhere. So one day after my oldest two kids left home, I decided that today was the perfect time in my life to begin making permanent improvements. I took the step of visiting with Marty Kelly, one of EMCC's Financial Advisors and had my grant, my schedule, and was enrolled in EMCC, by the same day the following week.

      It is said when everything comes together perfectly to allow you to work towards a certain plan or an idea, then it is truly a part of your destiny. Each semester there have been obstacles that presented themselves upon my scheduling of classes such as the timing, the distance, eligibility requirements; but somehow it all comes together so easily, it is a reminder of the fact that I am here because I am supposed to be. 


2 comments:

  1. Sure, that's exactly the tone and style--you've captured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, compare it to this:

    "I am a middle-aged woman back in school for her second semester. I grew sick and tired of seeing everyone around me getting a paid vacation. I WANT ONE. I figure 3 and a half more years of college and a couple more years in the work force and that paid vacation is mine and my husband better take me where I want to go."

    I like the wise-ass, very much LC tone of number two, though I doubt it would work on the college website.

    ReplyDelete