About Me

My photo
dover foxcroft, maine
married mother of five in total three mine and two my husband's children two part time jobs full time student and just loving life. active in my church and member of my local American legion

Monday, October 17, 2011

An Autobiography of My Life, by Me

I remember...with a factual back up ...I can do this, although I am much more able to do it when I have all my switches on. Maybe not at 4 in the morning, although I am usually up at that hour Wednesday I would be at work as evidenced by three years worth of time cards for Wed, mornings, compliments of the Piscataquis Observer. I do not do good with facts, tending to get them all comfabulated somewhere, and to back it up with paper, well there are a dozen places I could have put those pieces of paper...in my living room alone. But I shall endeavor. File box is a good place to start. I was born in Bridgeport General Hospital, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. that is from my birth certificate and hospital certificate. I was enrolled in Center Annex School K, 1, ans 2. I have class pictures with those grades on them with the name of the school. I remember moving to Maine and I have the class picture that says I went to school at Jefferson Street School during my third grade. I remember a certain teacher from that class but that is a different story. We moved to Orrington, Maine, so I was not in Old town  a whole year. I have my brother's fifth Grade picture which says he was in South Orrington Elementary Fifth grade. He did not move to Orrington alone, much as he would have liked to have gotten rid of me, I just had to tag along. I participated in our country's bicentennial events as per the Orrington newsletter dated OMG! 1976! and I graduated elementary school in June of 1978. I have the graduation announcement stuck in my baby book, along with my high school one dated 1981 from Brewer High School. I have tenderly preserved my next document a DD-214 which says I joined the military on June 20, 1981 and was discharged on February 29, 1984. Let it be said that there is no moss growing on this rolling stone, my son's birth certificate says he was born on March 6, 1984. It was really a rather busy week for me. 
 I was married on June 23, 1984, and moved to South Carolina after that. So says the wedding announcement in the paper can't tell which paper though since I only have the article clipping. I had my daughter on July 27,1985. We left South Carolina for Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. I have the plane tickets still. On a side note, if you ever get the chance to live in the Caribbean...take it. The pictures you see in the movies and magazines are nothing compared to the real thing.
Left Cuba, kicking and screaming, for...Beeville, Texas. There is no document to prove I was kicking and screaming, but I really was; I just did not want to leave. However Beeville is where my youngest son was born. Shortly after which we were transferred to Pensicola, Florida. We lived there for a few years and the last year there we were lucky enough to experience our first hurricane, we were so amazed by the experience we had to repeat it again. I have clippings.
After the second hurricane my husband was transferred to North Carolina, kids school records. Three days after arriving there,  I experienced the third hurricane. That was nauseatingly fun. So much so that a few months later I tried again. I am the only person alive I think that has experienced 4 hurricanes in the space of one year's time almost to the day. Hurricane Erin in August of 1995,Opal in October of 1995, Bertha in July of 1996, Fran in September of 1996. There is a list somewhere of those hurricanes having struck Florida and North Carolina I am sure. I really hate hurricanes now and if I am ever in another one, I am going to get drunk and pass out, waking up after the storm has passed so I do not have to see it or hear it. I left my husband in July of 1997 and moved to Maine. Rental agreement and then later on school records of the kids. Divorce in 1999. Married again in 2005, moved to Dover in my own little trailer in November of 2005. Enrolled in college in January of 2010 and was on the Dean's List that first semester. Got knocked off the second semester by Chemistry. I was back on the honor roll for the third semester but not enough to pull up the C in chemistry that I received my second semester. There is something inherently wrong about adding letters.  Sewer pipes blew up, have the bill for that one, and that brings me here to today, where I live next to my river, surrounded by all the little bits and pieces of the proof of my life, kinda like all those picture negatives no one ever knows what to do with, that are just lying around, collecting dust, waiting to be a memory.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! This isn't the assignment! A "slice"--not the whole pie. What do you want to focus on?

    ReplyDelete