About Me

My photo
dover foxcroft, maine
married mother of five in total three mine and two my husband's children two part time jobs full time student and just loving life. active in my church and member of my local American legion

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Best Friend

    
  My best friend in the entire world has always been a wonderful friend to have around. The whole time I am with her we laugh, mostly. It seems like I have known her forever as I can't really think of a time when I didn't know her. When we were small we had our disagreements I am sure, although I don't really remember them now, somehow we must have worked through them, and as we grew up we developed different interests and lifestyles, which took us in different directions, down different paths in our lives to experience different things. We have grown incredibly much in our time apart and although I look forward to knowing my friend again, now that we have reconnected, I still see my childhood friend peeking out at me through the eyes of her older self, laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the person graf? It's more an IOU than a complete piece--right in the middle where we want, need, and expect a story, some details, something unique about her, instead of following through on your set-up, we get more general statements just begging for back-up.

    Does that comment make sense to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I see what you are saying. Maybe something a little more personal about the person, i.e. why we laughed so much, why we connected. As it is written it is too general, doesn't pull the reader in to the story so to speak.

    ReplyDelete